add keyboard handler or right click menu for when mouse is above guide line to go to top or bottom of block

Apr 25, 2012 at 2:58 PM

In visual studio there is a keyboard shortcut ctrl/shift up/down arrow to advance to the next syntactic element at the same level.

You can use this to navigate to the top or bottom of a block.  When you have a guide line extending over several pages, It would be very handy to be able

hover over the guideline and have a context menu selection or keyboard shortcut to go to the top and bottom of the block delineated by the guideline.

Ed

Coordinator
Apr 26, 2012 at 9:31 PM

I don't seem to have that keyboard shortcut, so I guess that's one of your other extensions (VSCommands, maybe?). I like the idea though, so I'll create a feature issue for the keyboard shortcut. A context menu is highly unlikely - I don't want the guides to become 'active' elements that interfere with normal usage - but I will consider how a keyboard shortcut could work here.

Apr 26, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Thanks,

It's not an extension, it's the
Edit.PreviousHighlightedReference binding where visual studio highlights syntactic elements if you are positioned on one and then you can use ctrl/shift up or down to go to the else, end if or end of loop. (in vb.net).

Ed

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 4:31 PM, Zooba <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I don't seem to have that keyboard shortcut, so I guess that's one of your other extensions (VSCommands, maybe?). I like the idea though, so I'll create a feature issue for the keyboard shortcut. A context menu is highly unlikely - I don't want the guides to become 'active' elements that interfere with normal usage - but I will consider how a keyboard shortcut could work here.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (indentguide@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email indentguide@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Coordinator
Apr 27, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Ah, got it. I didn't actually know about that shortcut (C# doesn't do it for keywords, only identifiers).